Barcelona city bus
network, ticket prices, practical tips for passengers
The buses of the TMB company form with their currently 109 lines the backbone of local transport in Barcelona. You can reach almost every corner of the city with the red and white buses.
Accessibility for wheelchairs
Good news, since 2007 the entire TMB bus fleet in Barcelona is ready for the transport of people with mobility restrictions or wheelchair users. The door, where wheelchair users or large children’s strollers find the extendable ramp is clearly marked.
If necessary, catch the driver’s attention with a hand signal, that he will activate the ramp.
Practical tips for passengers of the Barcelona TMB bus
– Most stops serve more than one bus. A sign at the stop indicates which lines stop here. Buses display their route number on the front. When you see your bus approaching, signal to the driver that you request a stop. Otherwise he perhaps drives past without a halt at the bus stop.
– Boarding: Use the front door, or one of the two front doors in a 4-door bus.
– To leave the bus, use the back door. That’s clearly faster and avoids a crash.
– On board: Do not forget to validate your ticket. There are several validation devices in the bus. Without validating your ticket you become a fare dodger.
Ticket for the bus in Barcelona – overview, current prices (2020)
The entire fare system of the Barcelona public transport is city-wide organized by the “Autoritat del Transport Metropolità”.
Whether single ticket, 10 journey ticket (T-Casual) or travel card “Hola BCN”, here you will find informations and current prices. So you can find easily the right ticket for your stay in Barcelona. Knowing in advance, which ticket fits best to your needs, saves a lot of holiday time and money.
Our tip in brief:
– if you don’t like to read details about the fare systems and the Barcelona public transport network –
For most visitors of the city the “Hola BCN” day ticket is the best choice.
With this card, you can use unlimited the metro, bus, tram and suburban trains (Rodalies, Zone 1) during the entire validity period (2, 3, 4 or 5 days).
The metro ride to and from the airport is also included. You don’t have to buy the “metro airport ticket” (10.30 euros – round trip).
The “Hola BCN!” card is, compared to other big European cities, very cheap. The actual price (2020) is, depending on the chosen validity period, between 7.60 and 8.10 euro per day.
Save time and stress, by buying the „Hola BCN“ travel card online before departure – without any extra charge –
Your benefits of online purchasing:
– You will not waste your holiday time in queues in front of the ticket vending machines.
– After a long flight, you don’t have to deal with fare systems and ticket vending machines. You have already the right ticket to take the metro from the airport to downtown Barcelona and back.